Sunday, May 15, 2011

At the club...


I just listened to Katie's video about "Who Run the World"  http://youtu.be/ia9BbJg4Bs8
I found myself crying at one point because her words stand out strong. It is interesting I am watching this video today because yesterday I went clubbing for a friend's B-day and I totally see all the girls in there the way Katie is referring to in her video.
The night began quiet. I was supposed to go there with a friend whom I made plans with because I did not want to go by myself. From past experiences going to meet the b-day girl to a club is like she is not even there... because there are many other people to accommodate throughout the night. I got a phone call saying that my friend has made other plans and was going to meet me at the club later. At that point I already knew she was not going to make it. I was sad because again it is proven to me that I cannot count on people to stand by their words. I decided to go alone because I wanted to dance and enjoy the crowd a bit. I drove there, the place is in a bit of a deserted area so I parked on the street and ran my ass off to the club. I entered the front where they check Id's and immediately saw the other girls that were around me. The 10inch hills, the almost nothing clothing....and my first thought has always been...how can someone ACTUALLY dance in this attire? I mean, are you here to dance or show off what you are wearing? I was wearing flats (because there are comfy to dance in), a dress shirt/top and shorts (with leggings under b/c it was kind of cold outside). I felt pretty comfy...:)
Anyhow, throughout the night I danced almost non stop for like 3 hours, I was sweating a lot. I found a guy that was NOT about grinding on me but actually wanted to dance....and it was enjoyable. I also was 50% responsible for one other guy getting kicked out of the club because he was bothering me and this other girl. He was definitely intoxicated more than enough and was getting a bit too close and touchy for my liking and her liking. So needless to say I had a lot of fun going and do not regret my decision on going alone.

So this morning I am listening to Katie's video and remembered last night and all the previous nights of clubbing where I almost fell for that female construct because I felt I was not good enough for the guys unless looking like the "sexy" look. My motto has alway been go and dress comfy so that I can enjoy dancing. And at some points I had considered going the "uncomfortable" way, because I was curious to know what's it like. But I realize it would not make a difference to the approachment  of guys. In reality all the people in the club are so hardly druged up on alcohol that at some point in the night it becomes really irrelevant what one is wearing, how one is dancing, or what one is actually doing in the club.....it all becomes pointless and leads to a morning of stomach pain and late alcohol effects such as a hang over and not exactly remembering what the hell happened last night. WHAT A FUCKING WAIST OF TIME. So NO I am not interested in looking "eye candy" for the guys. I am interested in going dancing and dress comfortably which is "sexy" in its own terms of how one expresses. My other motto is the clothes do not make the person, person makes the clothes...(well to some extent that is). One should look at themselves and determine what clothing they enjoy wearing to a level of physical comfortability and a level of self expression. And it is all about self not about looking "good" for others.
Thank You Katie for point out the obvious!


http://wiki.destonians.com/Main_Page (who we are, what we do)
http://desteni.org/ (investigate topics of interests and self)
http://equalmoney.org/ (place your vote for Equal Money System)
http://eqafe.com/ (purchase products and support Equal Money System)

No comments:

Post a Comment