Friday, May 18, 2012

"Three Idiots"




Yesterday I watched a Bollywood movie called "Three Idiots". It is an Indian movie about 3 students that meet up in Engineering University. The University portrays and promotes a competition based life and that life is a race and those who come first succeed. All the professors follow this philosophy about life. They are really hard on the students and there is no room for expression. One needs to study, study, study to get the good grade and a degree that says they have completed. It offers no practical use to the information being presented. Students were pressured and suffocated with a few committing suicide because they would offend their family and their life would go to shit if they don't do good.
One of the 3 guys comes in with the attitude that learning is about passion, self dedication and that everyone has the opportunity for succeeding if they help each other to learn and be friends. He shows what he learns in practical application and is very good at remaining stable when his professors down talk him. He is the only one standing up within the whole University and challenges every professor (for which no professor likes him in their class). The guy sticks to his philosophy and helps his two friends learn and get through their 4 years of the University. He helps them to express who they are in spite of what everyone else thought of them.
The movie is a comedy but has a lot of essence to it about equality, self, passion.
At the end of the movie the guy opens his own school as well as works on science research stuff. The moral of the movie was- one that realizes that everyone can work together and help each other will be the successful one. And one that is selfish (there was another guy that was the teacher's pet), may succeed and get money but they would have never leaned how to enjoy themselves in the process and they will be money, greedy oriented people that will cause harm at any cost.

The one main thing I found assisting to myself was how calm the guys was when he was being "challenged" by people who thought he was crazy and a trouble maker for challenging the system. I have been working on myself for some time when people challenge Desteni using their pre-programmed minds to find any flaw within the message because it contradicts with everything they have been taught within the current system. It an be very difficult for someone to see or very easy, it depends how much they are willing to hold on to when it comes to their programming and how much they are willing to accept responsibility for which would mean they are ready to finally work on themselves.

When the movie was over, I was able to realize this point within myself- I have always in some ways reacted to others when being "challenged" by them about Desteni. However the answer is simple. One cannot share a point when one is not willing to hear because it becomes an argument. Desteni is not about arguments, it is about self realization and opening one's eyes. So there is no point to really argue here. There is no point to reacting to a reaction that someone else presents to you. If I accept their reaction, then I have reacted to them myself. A reaction is any movement one experiences inside themselves (positive or negative).
It took me sometime, but after realizing this single point, all reactions that I ever had simply dropped out. This is evidence that they were never real on the first place. I was only feeding my mind. And of course that is valid for any reactions about anything one may experience.
I have been avoiding talking and mentioning Desteni related topics to people because I knew I would react to their reactions. By reacting one does not accomplish anything. And that is what happened to me, by allowing reactions I was not getting anywhere within my process or self work. As a matter of fact the opposite occurred. It was more of a retraction than going forward. It became a fear based point which caused self doubt which showed no self progress that can apply to others as assistance or show to others that "Well, yea she is getting somewhere using these tools, they seem to work, I will try them as well."
Realizing this point is like a huge weight has been lifted off of me that accumulated within my "hiding" process.
Here is a trailer view: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEDbHOxOg4M
I recommend watching the movie. Be aware though, Indian movies are LONG.
Enjoy.



http://wiki.destonians.com/Main_Page
 (who we are, what we do)
http://desteni.org/ (investigate topics of interests and self)
http://equalmoney.org/ (place your vote for Equal Money System)
http://eqafe.com/ (purchase products and support Equal Money System)


No comments:

Post a Comment