Thursday, January 12, 2012

Accepting Help?



Some time ago it was suggested to me (by my mom, James mom and James himself) that I go over James mom for help when the baby is born. I don't mind this idea, however I do have three cats at home that unless I find someone trust worthy of taking care of them I cannot leave behind. This gradually became an issue in my mind as the time of my pregnancy progressed. "From one perspective I am exited about Victor being born, but from another I am not looking forward to leaving my cats." This is what kept circulating in my head and caused me to be emotional towards the subject. I couldn't even talk about it.
When I look at the idea of me going there for help it makes sense.
When I look at the idea of leaving the cats for a bit like (1-3 months) without anyone to properly take care of them it makes no sense.
When James suggested that he will look after the cats and commute back and forth it makes the situation somewhat better because I can trust him with the cats.
When however commuting back and forth he will not be with me and Victor full time, so then it makes no sense again.
If I stay home with him and the cats then I will not get the needed help for at least the 1st month that my mom claims that I WILL need.
Then the question is "What is this help that I will need?" "Am I not capable of taking care of a new born?" I do indeed work with infants and toddlers, but of course I don't do half the things that are done at home by their mothers. I mean it is a process of learning together with common sense of how to care for another that is completely in the hands of ME. So tiny and "helpless" just seeing the outside world and kind of in shock I suppose: as in "where the hell am I". It has so much to learn about moving in the physical, moving the body, eating, adjusting to time and space.

Since I do not know what help I will require, I have decided that I will go over his mom's for the 1st month let's say. And check it out how it works. See how it will physically in time and space fit together with everything else. And James has accepted the responsibility of commuting for the cats for that amount of time. Once I have everything down and am able to move myself effectively with taking care of Victor, I will resume back home with James and the cats.
There is no point of getting mad about this, or emotional rather. Obviously any emotionality is self sabotage. So looking at this "issue" with common sense and making a decision of how it will be handled depends on what will work, what is necessary to be done so that the decision is practical and effective.


http://wiki.destonians.com/Main_Page (who we are, what we do)
http://desteni.org/ (investigate topics of interests and self)
http://equalmoney.org/ (place your vote for Equal Money System)
http://eqafe.com/ (purchase products and support Equal Money System)

No comments:

Post a Comment